Teaching Mindfulness Online Live – Masterclass for Mindfulness Teachers
How long is the Masterclass?
3 days over three weeks, 11:00am - 1:00pm GMT each day
Who is this Masterclass for?
Experienced mindfulness teachers
Where is the Masterclass?
Online, via Zoom Conference Calling
How many people on this Masterclass?
up to 49
How much does this Masterclass cost?
When is this Masterclass?
April 15th, 22nd and 29th April 2020
This masterclass is now full however we have scheduled another masterclass for May – see here to book onto that event
Masterclass: Teaching Mindfulness Online Live
15th, 22nd and 29th April 2020
To help the continued growth in the delivery of high-quality mindfulness programming in its online live portfolio, a masterclass will be offered to interested teachers. This course provides the hands-on experience to complement existing materials, and is intended to help teacher competency and confidence in delivering mindfulness online live using digital technology.
Note that this course is designed for experienced mindfulness teachers only, as teaching mindfulness itself is outside the scope of this training. Teachers of all mindfulness interventions will be eligible to apply if they have completed a 12 month supervised training pathway.
At the conclusion of the three modules, participants will:
- Understand the technical requirements and have experience using Zoom as a delivery tool.
- Be able to prepare their teaching space for mindfulness programming with video and audio.
- Have a foundational understanding and practice fostering connection with participants online.
This program will be taught live online using Zoom. Participants are encouraged to review two hand-outs:
- Finding Peace 2020 Online Participant Cheat Sheet
- Finding Peace 2020 Online Teacher Cheat Sheet
Participants should also watch the following videos prior to the first online live session
- Introduction to Zoom for Mindfulness Programs
- Audio and Video Considerations for Mindfulness Programs
- Connecting Virtually for Mindfulness Programs
The above guidance reading and videos will be emailed out to participants a month prior to the training.
For a further reading about the value of video conferencing for mindfulness programming, see “Video Conferencing for Mindfulness Programs: Benefits, Experiences, and Recommendations,” International Journal of Whole Person Care, Vol. 4, #2, June 2017.