Mindfulness: Taking it further
“It changed me in just about every way possible; but what can I do next?”
This quote is not untypical of what people say following a Mindfulness-based Programme. What does happen next? What sustains people beyond the programmes? How can we help people maintain their mindfulness practice? How can we support people to live with greater wisdom, balance and responsiveness in the myriad different moments of their real lives? Many people graduating an 8-week programme would like to continue what they have started. This course offers that guidance and support.
This new programme is for graduates of 8-week mindfulness programmes to:
- Reinforce and deepen their mindfulness practice.
- Deepen and broaden the learning of the key themes from the 8-week curriculum
- Support participants in applying all that is learned in their lives, in ways that are consonant with their values.
- Provide a shared community of practice.
- Develop participants’ capacity and confidence to deepen and extend learning independently.
The programme comprises twelve themes. Examples of the themes are: attention!; inhabiting our bodies; appreciating the life you have; how can I best take care of myself and others?; cool head, warm heart: the art of balance and equanimity and; being the change you’d like to see in the world.
This programme is offered in several different formats (weekly over 12 weeks, in smaller blocks such as 2 x 6 weekly sessions, monthly over a year, or in blocks of residential retreats).