Mindfulness: Taking it Further – Research Funded Courses
Starting this June 2021, the Oxford Mindfulness Centre will offer a number of ‘Taking it Further’ courses at a reduced fee as part of a research study
Shannon Maloney’s work will specifically focus on our ‘Taking it Further’ mindfulness course, which is a programme that was developed for those that have completed an eight-week course and wish to deepen and sustain their practice over time. This work has received a prestigious Francisco J. Varela Research Award through Mind and Life Europe—a non-profit organization and network that has spearheaded contemplative science research.
We are looking for course participants to join us for a Taking it Further course and contribute to this research.
To take part in the Taking it Further research study we ask that you meet the below eligibility criteria:
(1) You are 18 years old or over.
(2) You have completed either a Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) or Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course at some point in the past. Introductory/taster/teacher training courses are not eligible. Mindfulness teachers are not eligible to take part.
(3) You are available to begin a 12-week Taking it Further course weekly on Mondays from June 28th (10:00 – 12:15 – UK time).
(4) You agree to watch an orientation video before the start of the study. The research team will offer this video closer to the start date.
(5) You agree to complete online surveys before the start of the study, during the study, and after the study. You will be invited to complete a brief survey by June 14th, June 21st, June 27th, July 20th, August 17th, and September 14th.
(6) You acknowledge that the reduced fee of £138 is a research-funded subsidised rate to attend one Taking it Further course. Please note: If you withdraw from the study the day before the start date onwards, we will be unable to reimburse you given that we will be unable to offer your spot to another participant.
(7) You will have access to a computer to participate in the online Taking it Further course and research surveys.
(8) You acknowledge that you will be randomized to one of two groups. You will be randomized to a ‘treatment’ or ‘control’ group. If you are allocated to the ‘treatment’ group, then you will be offered the Taking it Further course starting June 28th and you will complete a few surveys during the 12-week course. If you are allocated to ‘control’ then you will complete a few surveys over the course of 12 weeks from June 28th and will be offered a Taking it Further course at a later time (weekly on Mondays from October 4th, 10:00-12:15 UK Time). If you cannot make this alternate time, please email Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit this registration form to apply and complete the survey no later than June 14th, 12:00 midnight. The research team will be in contact to inform you of your eligibility and further details.
If you have any queries please contact the research team at email@example.com