Site Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our website, owned and operated by the Oxford Mindfulness Centre. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which governs the Oxford Mindfulness Centre’s relationship with you in relation to this website. Please read these Terms carefully.
The Term Oxford Mindfulness Centre, ‘OMC’ or, ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: University of Oxford, Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7JX. Our company registration number is 06144314. The Oxford Mindfulness Centre works on behalf of the Oxford Mindfulness Foundation charity number 1122517. The Term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- Although the OMC attempts to ensure that the Information contained in this website is accurate and up-to-date, we accept no liability for the results of any action taken on the basis of the Information it contains and all implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy are excluded from these terms to the extent that they may be excluded as a matter of law.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We have tried to ensure that all the information provided on the website is correct at the time of publication. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- In no event will OMC be liable for any loss including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss, or any damages arising from loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any of the information.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). We accept no responsibility for the content of such websites or web pages, nor do we accept responsibility for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of your use of any links or reliance on the content of any website to which this site is linked. OMC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external websites that link to this site or contained in this site.
- You may not frame, or embed this Website in any other website without our prior written consent
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Computer Viruses, Worms and Trojan Horses
- Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to protect this website from computer viruses, worms, trojan horses and similar detrimental code, we do not warrant that the website is free from such destructive features and accept no liability for any damage that may result from the transmission of any destructive feature via this website or via any files which are available for you to download from the website.
- You may not in any circumstance transfer or use any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed or intended to interfere with or interrupt or disrupt any computer or other systems or to secretly or covertly access, use or appropriate any data or other information or impair the functionality, interoperability of performance of this site.
Intellectual Property, Copyright and Reproduction
- All contents on this website (including text, graphics and any other material) are protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights which are owned or controlled by OMC, its licensees or authorised contributors. You agree to comply with all copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in any information accessed through this website.
- You are not permitted (except where you have been given express permission to do so) to adapt or modify the information on this website or any part of it and the information or any part of it may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any other way to any third parties for commercial gain. The products, processes, software and other technology described in this website may be the subject of patents and/or other intellectual property rights owned by OMC or third parties.
- The OMC is fully committed to ensuring full compliance with all aspects of the Data Protection Act 2018 and only keeps information about website users that is required to process orders and provide an appropriate informative service.
- We may require basic information which identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your name, email address and phone number, in order to enable you to take advantage of particular services that we offer, for example when you send us a question/request from our “contact us” page, or subscribe to our newsletter. We will only use such personal information for the purposes of providing information which you have requested, or for other purposes set out in these terms.
- We may on occasion make use of personal information that we collect in order to help us administer the website and/or for marketing purposes. We may for instance send you information about our services that we feel might be of particular interest to you. If you do not wish us to make use of your personal information in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also give you the opportunity to opt in and out of future marketing whenever we send you marketing material – complying with GDPR.
- Except (i) to the extent that we are required to do so by law, (ii) in connection with any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), or (iii) in order to establish, exercise or defend the legal rights of OMC, we will not disclose your personal information to any other party without first obtaining your permission.
- OMC may share visitor trends and other generic information collected on this website with third parties but will not pass on any personal details or personally identifiable information without your specific consent.
- Employees, contractors and agents of OMC may be given access to any Personal Information which we collect, but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties. Our employees, contractors and agents who have access to your personal information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than to enable you to use the website or to deal with requests which you submit to us.
- The internet is a global environment and using the internet to collect and process data can involve the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge our processing of data in this way. However, we will endeavour to protect all personal information collected through our website in accordance with strict data protection standards.
- For more information or to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you please contact email@example.com
- Any queries or concerns about privacy on this website should be sent to the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
All payment transactions for OMC products and services are processed and handled through Secure Trading Limited. Secure Trading delivers secure, reliable, fully PCI DSS compliant online payment processing to organisations worldwide.
Under no circumstances does the OMC hold sensitive payment details such as credit card numbers.
Changes to the Terms
OMC reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the website, the information or these terms. Should these terms be amended, OMC will publish details of the amendments on the website. By continuing to use the website you agree to be bound by these terms as amended.
OMC shall not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance, repair, for reasons beyond the control of OMC or for any commercial or other reasons of OMC.