Exclusively for Portuguese professionals and residents of Portugal
The Oxford Mindfulness Foundation (OMF) is delighted to formalise a 3-way collaboration with the Faculty of Human and Social Sciences at the University of Algarve (FCHS-UAlg) and Ser Integral – Portuguese Center for Mindfulness.
Together we will offer a full MBCT Teacher Training Programme for Portuguese professionals resident in Portugal, increasing access to mindfulness and supporting international communities.
The collaboration has come together to enable Portuguese professionals to access the OMF 12-month teacher training programme online at a cost which is significantly reduced (in comparison to other access routes)
Full details of the training programme can be found here:
The programme will be taught in both Portuguese and English, by Marion Furr Co Director of Teaching and Training at the OMF and
Carla Martins, founder and CEO of Ser Integral.
This is a unique opportunity is open to Portuguese professionals, resident in Portugal who meet the following criteria:
• Confident to communicate in writing and verbally in English and Portuguese
• Have attended an 8 week Mindfulness for Life (MBCT-L) course.
• Have a regular mindfulness practice – ideally for a minimum of 6 months
• Can attend ALL of the programme dates in the table below.
1) The programme is run mainly on Saturdays unless otherwise indicated in the table below. Normal time is 09:00 – 17:00
2) The price includes training to teach in 3 curricula (4 for an additional fee):
a. Mindfulness for Life (MBCT-L)
b. Introducing Mindfulness
c. MBCT for Depression or Finding peace in a Frantic World. (You can do both of these) for an additional fee
3) It is possible to pay by instalments
4) The closing date for applications is 21st July 2023
5) The above programme outlines the teacher training. To progress to achieve a ‘Trained Teacher Certificate’ you will then be required to teach two full 8-week courses under supervision. It would be your responsibility to find participants and pay for your supervision.
Trained Teacher Certificate application fees of £250 apply
If you have any questions, or if you meet all the criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org who would be happy to discuss and explain how to apply.
Please note that places on this programme are limited therefore please do get in touch early to secure a place and opportunity to participate.